I’ve been experimenting with Litvinovs: A heavy lift and run circuit (or a Litvisprint/Litvisled).
My take? [See on Instagram]
Step 1: 10 double kettlebell front rack squats with #24 kg each.
Step 2: Run 400 meters on the curve.
Step 3: Pull-ups.
Step 4: Repeat 2-3 more times with appropriate rest period.
Step 5: Find your way to the shower.
Step 6: Enjoy your newfound “nobody can mess with me” glow.
There. An idea to try, ASAP!
Show up. Pick a lift you are comfortable with, determine how long you want to run (whether it’s 20 seconds or a full minute). I find myself repeating it a few times to enjoy the progress I’ve made. You’ll feel leaner, stronger and faster.
Have you heard “creativity needs boundaries to thrive” before? If I find myself stuck on a workout or time, I’ll just do a Litvinov inspired workout.
I also happen to fully function on this concept of boundaries when I meal prep. With my handy template in hand, of course. And, it seems to be successful.
When I woke up Sunday, I had no idea what would land in my fridge by end of the day.
I knew there were mad discounts on strawberries, beans were only a dollar each can and almonds on sale. Add lots of chickens, and the usual greens, and it would work.
My video has dirty hair, BAD bad puns and lots of beans. I also shocked myself at the end with some chic energy truffles that remind me of an nostalgic candy!
If you’d like to see the template I use every week, and stack up on more recipes, go to When Bacon, Brownies and a Beer is Okay!
1/4 c almonds
1/4 c honey
1 can black beans
1/2 c (?) nut butter
1 TBSP nut milk to help blend
1/2 c unsweetened cacao powder
Leftover unsweetened coconut flakes from the strawberry bake (save about 1/3 c)
- Obtain a powerful food processor.
- Mix everything together. Taste, adjust, keep blending until your tastebuds approve.
- Use a TBSP spoon to make little balls out of the batter.
- Shove an almond inside the truffle for an almond joy effect.
- Roll them around in the bag of coconut.
Red bean chicken salad
Step away from the mayo, and try this alternative. I found this idea of “creamy protein packed chicken salad” on the Spartan Race website but I wasn’t a fan of the tomatoes.
Instead, I mash up kidney beans, add shredded chicken, freshly chopped green onions, salt/pepper/smoked paprika. I brought kale to use as wraps.
Coconut milk broccoli & chicken casserole
Clean. But I like it. I followed this recipe, minus the mushrooms. There’s a lot of room for you to play with the recipe!
Strawberries make me berry happy.
I’ve gone through at least four containers the past week. I feel I will start oozing strawberries out of my pores any day soon.
- Mascarpone crepancake: 3 oz mascarpone cheese, 1 banana, 2 eggs and cinnamon (about 4 pancakes). Stuff it with strawberries and drizzle honey. Invite some friends over this next weekend for brunch. Try to make crepes, but if all fails, call it it a crepancake like I did. You’ll still look like a badass.
- Grain free strawberry-coconut bake: It tastes like granola! I’d add some almond milk to this for breakfast. It requires two cups of strawberries.
- If you don’t snack on them, freeze the extra berries to use in smoothies.
Try setting some boundaries the next time you meal prep!