Leave out the barbells this time.
You only need one plate. 25 and 35 lbs will work just as great, too. Simple but savage.
Be honest with challenging yourself because we are going for tension under load.
Why do you want to try this? Because:
- Bored in the gym sometimes? This is absolutely new and a sweet muscle pump.
- You get to compete against yourself or a partner – how many reps do you think you can crank out without stopping? Can you keep reps the same each round?
- Inefficient (but safe! I mean inefficient as in something your body isn’t used to) exercise helps you get shredded. You need new training stimulus.
The 45 lb plate workout
I did this as soon as I got home from the airport for an energized, ready-to-dominiate mindset and I felt phenomenal in 30 minutes. The video shows my favorite stretch (yogaplex) and the movements.
Perform the following six exercises* for max reps each (keep going until you fail). After one round, rest for up to three minutes before tackling another round.
- Squat curl to press (with speed or slowly – your choice!)
- Single arm bent over row – both sides
- Alternating reverse lunges
- Chops (I couldn’t believe how hard this one was!)
- Super presses (lay down on floor and bench quickly – see video)
- Weighed plank jacks
Go for two to four rounds and you’ll feel like a badass superhero at the end.
*There are many more exercises you can swap out (side bends, weighed sit ups, step-ups, etc.)